Thursday, January 15, 2009

WHAT I'D GIVE by Tannen

I love to ponder the eternal question of "What would you give"? Could be to cure a disease, smack a politician, see Halle Berry disrobe. Those are unlikely, but it's a fun game anyway. With the talk around the Dallas Cowboy camp about the possibility they'll release Terrel Owens, I'm adding to my list. I'd be delighted to be in the room if they tell him, "we're sick of your childish rantings...GET OUT"!
Actually in a perfect world, I'd get to deliver the news. Here's your rattle, teething ring and big, go whine in the corner about poor you you selfish picklehead. Then I go into one of those evil dictator laughs....BWAA Ha Ha!
We chatted yesterday about USC QB Mark Sanchez bolting school for the NFL. I'm not totally sold on this guy's ability to succeed at the next level, but with Tebow, Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford staying in college, he's being a true capitalist because
his value might never be higher. I'd rate Matt Stafford of Georgia as the only
quarterback clearly above Sanchez.
I think Oregon's Jairus Byrd is a heck of a player. I also believe he's the poster defensive back for needing another year of seasoning before he embarks on a possible career in the NFL. Nice credentials with that 1st team All Pac 10 selection, but watching him day to day I can't imagine another season in this league with so much skill in the passing game won't benefit enormously. Plus I'm selfish and want him back on the corner opposite Thurmond. There I said it!
The Oregon men must get a win this weekend with the Washington schools in to get past that hurdle and bank a conference victory. There I said it!

1 comment:

Tom_Sawyer said...

Oregon is struggling for a number of reasons but to me the most glaring reason they're going to continue losing conference games is, attitude and body language. Watching them, especially live, they look like they want to win/have desire, but a handful of them react (mildly albeit) kinda of like spoiled babies when they miss a shot or are called for a foul. It's like they have a "it's not fair" mentality.