Friday, April 10, 2009

HOW THE MIND WORKS by Tannen

What is usually your first thought upon waking up in the morning? I like to do a mental security check. Wife, dogs, house. All okay? Great! Time to start the day. Well this morning(Fri) the first thought that popped into my head when I arose prior to my alarm was "what time does Tiger tee off"? Kind of scary, but I've really come to look forward to watching this guy operate in the majors. I don't get those who whine about being tired of Woods winning all the time. Really? Excellence bores you? I would have loved to have witnessed the brilliance of Joe Louis, Bobby Jones, Joe Dimaggio, or Jimmy Brown. Those from my generation(born 1960) have been fortunate to follow the all timers like Wayne Gretzky, Jordan or Martina Navratilova. Don't we need these masters to set the bar for future performers to aim at?
Had a great talk with Rob Mosely who does a terrific job keeping all of us clued in on Oregon football. I was kind of pleased with the state of the offensive line. While young and having lost some studs like center Max Unger, and starters like Mark Lewis and Fenuki Toupou plus the versatile Jeff Kendall, it appeared they have lot's of talent & depth. He pointed out that statement was only accurate based on health and right now projected starters Bo Thran & CE Keiser are sidelined with injuries.
Mosely made an excellent observation that perhaps next year, when these youngsters with so much upside have more seasoning, it could be a powerhouse unit. I stand corrected....for now!

No comments: