Monday, July 13, 2009

THURSDAY IS A LONG WAY OFF by Tannen

Thank heavens for my son's upcoming wedding. My wife and I are hosting a rehearsal dinner this Friday for about 35 people. On Thursday a mere 20 will arrive at our place for a rehearsal, rehearsal. That means tonight(mon) and the next two nights we'll be busy like nuts getting things prepared. With baseball's All Star break it's a good thing I have something(a million things actually) to keep me occupied. No games on the MLB package, no box scores in the morning. OH THE HORROR! Then I mark Thursday July 16th as my favorite day of 2009 with not only baseball back, but round one of the British Open.
FYI...the answer to the below blog was Frankie Rodriguez who was 26 and change, a bit younger than Eric Gagne and Bobby Thigpen when they recorded their 50th saves. Thanks for playing & congrats to our winner, Jeff. I know you all cheated by using www.baseball-reference.com but I'm betting even the Thigpen's, Gagne's and FRod families were unaware of such information.

2 comments:

Daniel 'PUDI' Mallipudi said...

Sounds like a jan-packed week for you. Good luck! I was perusing some stats for MLB and I have a candidate for MVP...Mr. A-Roid himself. Now I honk he is pretty much scum like the majority of fans do but since his return on May 8 no one has more HR's, RBI, and the Yankees have the best record in MLB in that span. MVP stuff if you ask me...

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve! Can't believe that T's getting hitched...damn we're old!

Rana, the kids and I are going to be in Eugene this weekend. Obviously you have nothing but free time on your hands at the moment, but I hope we can see you guys.

All our best to the family, and congrats!

--Scott

P.S. Go Raiders!