Monday, October 19, 2009

EARLY THANKSGIVING by ST

With Oregon on the bye, I really had a great time this weekend at the Oregon Coast with my lovely wife enjoying a ton of college & pro football as well as baseball's playoffs. PLAYOFFS? After several glasses of wine on the veranda overlooking the Pacific Ocean I concocted an early Thanksgiving list. It's personal. It's mine as a sports fan. I'm thankful Terrelle Pryor chose Ohio State over the U of Oregon. He's simply not a very good college quarterback. He couldn't carry Dennis Dixon's jock and I don't think he's nearly as good as Jeremiah Masoli. Plus he wreaks of punk. I think he doesn't measure up to Dixon or Masoli in the character column as well. I'm thankful Charlie Weiss isn't the Oregon coach. This guy is in constant 'circle the wagons' mode because he can't coach his way out of a paper bag. Their defense is a joke and after 5 years, he's got to go. I'm thinking his QB Jimmy Clausen might see the writing on the wall and bolt for the NFL in April.
I'm really thankful the Yankees have Mariano Rivera as their closer and not Brian Fuentes of the Angels. That guy lacks the chutzpa to be a closer for a legit contender. The pitch he threw Arod on Saturday was just plain stupic. He's up a run with a wrecking crew at bat and ahead in the count 0 & 2. Throws him a fastball in his wheelhouse that he could and did drive out of the yard.
I'm thankful the Washington defense is funnier than Rodney Dangerfield, Dennis Leary and Richard Pryor combined in their prime. That loss to Arizona State had me rolling on the floor of room #305 at Driftwood Shores. 10 seconds to go and no one guards any of the receivers deep. The play by play guy on Fox Sports Northwest said the ASU quarterback, Danny Sullivan had multpile receivers wide open for the score and referred to the situation as "Sullivan's Choice". I could go on and will, on SportsTalk today. Curious as to what you're thankful for. Short show today as we'll bring you Phillies & Dodgers, game 4 from LA starting at 5 o'clock. Enjoy!

No comments: