Wednesday, January 20, 2010

CONFUSED by ST

The story about the Ducks taking steps to deny former AD Bill Moos an opportunity to get a similar gig at UNLV is a tad disturbing. It could grow into downright outrage if the University would actually comment on the situation rather than circle the wagons and take the silent approach. For the record, upon his retirement, Moos accepted a 10 year, 2 million dollar deal where he doesn't take a job west of the Mississippi for a BCS conference program. The Duck brass didn't want Moos to use that packed roladex to channel major funds or influence away from Eugene, perhaps to a rival. Would a reasonable person think the Vegas situation applies? It's been 3 full football seasons. Las Vegas is pretty much a suberb of LA. Is there really a big dollar donor who is sitting in their Palm Springs mansion deciding whether to write a check to UNLV or the U of O and Bill Moos will push the decision? I truly hope the Duck administration addresses this because currently, just about noon on Wednesday the 20th of January, they look petty.
I never thought my opinion on retired players could grow so positively. First former Giants, Cardinals & Yankees slugger Jack Clark tears into Mark McGwire's clown like, self serving, crock of a steroid admission. Now the real Pudge, Carlton Fisk, bashes McJuicer and Roger Clemens for their cheating. Completely pooh poohed the "healing up" theory. Fisk says try catching for 30 years. Dozens of surgeries and he wasn't standing around playing first base.
Okay, I have another $25 certificate for Ratatouille, a great restaurant on Willamette in Eugene. E-mail the answer to the following question to stevetannen@live.com
Fisk hit one of the most memorable home runs in post season history, going yard in the 12th inning of Game 6 of the 1975 World Series off the fair pole to force a decisive Game 7 between the Red Sox and Reds. I know it's easy to google the answers, but on your honor, who did Pudge take yard on the fateful October night at Fenway?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I started take up real money.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Jeff said...

I love anonymous spam bull****.

Anyway, if I read the blog post correctly, UNLY is not a BCS program. Does the UO ave a leg to stand on? I guess I need to read up on it a little deeper.