Tuesday, August 6, 2013

NOT SURE I CAN DO IT by ST

I can't pinpoint the exact game but it was during the 1966 season, I'm five years old when my dad took me to my first game at Yankee Stadium.  Mantle was in the lineup.  He was born in 1935 as a Yankees fan and even though he busted my dad's chops, his dad, my grandpa was a Yankees fan.  I'm next in line.  Got my driver's license on Tuesday October 4th, 1977.  17th birthday.  Drove to Yankee Stadium for Game One of the World Series versus the Dodgers one week later, a 4-3, 12 inning victory.  I'm invested in this franchise like many of our listeners are in the Ducks.  Childhood team.  It's personal.  I did not watch last night's game against the White Sox.   I can not bring myself to cheer on the team with a slime ball like Alex Rodriguez staining my beloved pinstripes.  So he gets a big hit and I'm high fiving?  I don't think so.  I get that we've seen many, many unseemly characters in the sports we follow but this guy is garbage!  He's delusional.  He doesn't have the character or the balls to simply admit what everyone knows.  When asked point blank about his documented PED's use last night he played the "not the forum" card.  Really?  Innocent people scream it from the mountain tops.  Lying scumbags use their lawyers and double speak to avoid the facts of the issue.  Save the "everyone" did/does it crap.  There are a bunch of players coming out vocally against these Biogenesis pigs.  They want more severe penalties, perhaps even a lifetime banishment for getting caught that first time.  The union leadership will be more defensive when it comes to their members, so the real change must come from within.  Keep your eye on that because it represents a change in mentality.  They no longer circle the wagons in these situation, some are pointing the finger of accusation and I think that is a cause for hope.  As for my fanaticism for those guys in the Bronx, it's on hold.  The new question?  Has Alex Rodriguez ever played a season in the major league's clean?

No comments: