Tuesday, June 3, 2008

MY CELTICS & LAKERS


Lot of talk about this upcoming NBA Finals & justifiably so as it's a masterpiece. Let's jump right in with your/my all-time match-up. If you had to historically pick the best LA/Boston team who makes the roster. Here are the ground rules. You can move a guy one honest spot from his natural position. This means no Laker frontcourt of Kareem, Wilt and Shaq because they're all centers & no way you're playing one at small forward. You can use Kobe or John Havlicek at either the shooting forward or shooting guard position. Dave Cowens qualifies as a center or power forward, don't even try it at shooting forward. Bill Russel is a go at power forward as well. I think you get the picture. My biggest issue was the Celtic backcourt because I know Bob Cousy is the first great flash & dash point guard and the hoop history buff in my can't leave him out. That said, here's my team. OH! Everyone gets to add a 6th man to ease this terrible burden.
Tannen says:
Boston Celtics:
PG: Bob Cousy
SG: John Havlicek
C: Bill Russell
PF: Kevin McHale
SF: Larry Legend
6th man: Huge self debate that included Dave Cowens, but I'm taking Dennis Johnson
LA Lakers:
PG: Really?
SG: Jerry West
C: Kareem
PF: Wilt
SF: Kobe
6th man: Tough to leave off Elgin Baylor but I'm taking Big Game James Worthy

1 comment:

NDJ said...

Here goes. Remember I'm older
Beantown
PG: Cousey
SG: Sam Jones
C: Russell
PF: McHale
SF: Bird
6th: Havlichek
This team would ruin the game because it would virtually never lose.
Lakers
PG: Magic
SG: West
C: Wilt
PF: Baylor
SF: Kobe
6th: Lewis
Baylor can never be left off this team. I owe your ignorance to your infancy at the time he was great. NDJ