Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SELF PROGRAMMING

If you had to pick a game to watch, the venue, the teams, the sport, for any prize you desire, what would it be?
Somehow, due to a scheduling quirk I'd love to see Oregon at Notre Dame, the week after the Civil War for a chance at the BCS title game. Let's face it, we've turned the Huskies into a personal punching bag and get to experience that joy on an annual basis. The final score would be 56-3. They'd all be there. Herbstreit, Mussberger, Holtz, even Dickie V would be there for the over hype. The Ducks would literally score on 8 sustained drives, 2 in each quarter, forcing the pathetic, perpetually overrated Irish to kick a 52-yard field goal late in the 3rd quarter to avoid the humiliation of a shut out.
I'd also enjoy Jets at Patriots, AFC title game, in Foxboro with a healthy Tom Brady. Mr. GQ is pressured all day, throws 3 picks and......ah the heck with it, the Giants took care of their drive for perfection and I ate it up.
Okay, I have another. Oregon & Gonzaga, West Regional Final with a trip to the Final 4 on the line. For all the Ernie bashers who think Mark Few would absolutely mean an upgrade to the program. Zags are completely overmatched, outcoached and fall in a top to bottom romp, 97-58.
I can't get into baseball now because as long as my beloved Yankees have Arod they're cursed and have no chance of winning anything aside from a meaningless wild card spot that Rodriguez would ruin with another 2 for 23 post season.
Let's see what you come up with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike Tyson (in his prime) vs. Rick Neuheisel

Anonymous said...

Being the ol' Marylander I am, I would like to see the 1970 or even the 1971 Orioles play the 1979 Pirates but the song "We are Family" would be banned and anyone blowing a police whistle while the pitcher is in the wind up would be boiled in Bay Spice, rock salt and Nasty Bo (National Bohemium beer)!

Anonymous said...

Track and Field. at Hayward.
Ducks vs. Arizona State
or
UO vs. UCLA (I got to see it last spring.)
Maybe a triangular meet?

Duck out of Water

Anonymous said...

Since I'm a die hard Hockey fan and have been to hundreds maybe thousands of WHL and Major Junior A and B games I would want to go to Hockeytown and see a playoff series between The Av's and the Wings back in the early days of Sakik and Forsberg with Roy in goal. Back when the first and second lines in Detroit were dominated by the Russian players. I'd say to see the cup would be nice, but the way the playoffs are structured we know that'll never happen. I'd trade that matchup for the cup anyday. Watched it many times on the tube but having yet to have the opportunity to go to a live NHL game I'd die for the chance.