Monday, November 24, 2008

It's the most wonderful time ...



  • This is an outstanding list put together by The Oregonian of Civil War moments that have helped to spark the flame of rivalry and trash-talkery. Let us know which one you voted for, and if you have any of your own.
  • I remember I went to Parker Stadium when I was a kid ('96, I think) and the stuffed animal guy (gotta be a Ducks fan to know who I'm talking about) was doing his thing when an OSU drunkie went after him. Long story short, the drunkie was arrested, the stuffed animal guy did his duty, and the Ducks won. THAT was a good day.
  • I was also in Reser two years ago for the first of the Matt Evensen Civil War losses with my buddy Joe in his 40-yard-line seats. After Evensen kicked the ball low and it bounced off a Beaver helmet, bedlam ensued and Joe and I decided to hit the Reser turf for the hell of it. When in Beirut, right? Sure, why not? Of course, I'm decked out in my Duck Store poncho and Oregon hat when we do it, so I was naive not to expect trouble. Joe and I are on the field for a good 30 seconds when OSU drunkie's son runs by and snatches the hat off my head. I'll repeat that. HE SNATCHES THE HAT OFF MY HEAD! Instinct told me to chase, so I did. I catch up to OSU drunkie's son and grab him to get my hat back. I succeeded because, let's face it, he's OSU drunkie's son: too think to drunk right. Well, when I do this a large Samoan OSU fan - not drunk, thank god - thinks that me and the bumbling orange wonder were fighting and grabs me, ready to start swinging. I can handle my own in most situations, but this was not one of those I would include in that most category. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and Joe quickly intervened to explain what happened, or my bone structure might be a little different today. Oh, and OSU drunkie's son, let's call him OSUDS (O-suds), ran off into the rainy Reser night never to be seen again. Ya know, like Bigfoot, or Yvensen Bernard.

  • And hey for God's sake, check out this game-by-game history of the Civil War. Yay research departments!
    -Alex
  • No comments: