Monday, December 1, 2008

So, about that Rose Bowl ...


PHOTO by Alex

How nice does that second place spot in the Pac-10 look after THIS season? Bellotti should be Pac-10 coach of the year. It was really nice to see players like Blount buy in to the Civil War tradition and get as pumped, if not more, than the fans who grew up with it. I saw him stomping many a rose after the game. It was a tremendous way to go out for the amazing group of seniors Oregon has. Think about it. Chung and Unger basically played four entire seasons for the Ducks. They will be missed, but boy did they leave a legacy! Damn that win feels nice.
-Alex

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's never a justifiable reason for Duck fans like yourself to be mean spirited in your comments. Yes, the Ducks were clearly the better of the two teams in the 2008 edition of the Civil War. However, the Ducks could not handle the USC Trojans this season. The OSU Beavers were able to defeat mighty USC with the nifty running of Quizz Rodgers. With that, don't get too haughty, Alex.

Steve Tannen said...

You just blew my mind man. Haughty? Read the post again. I gave praise to the players, and didn't say much else other than the win feels nice. I'm a Ducks fan, after all. I'm not allowed to be happy? I'm a Beaver lover when they aren't playing the Ducks. Mean spirited? I just didn't see it 'cause I don't think it. No big deal. Sorry if my Rose Bowl comments came off that way. I have a lot of respect for the success Oregon State has had recently. Big things are happening in the state of Oregon and you guys are a huge part of that. -Alex

finefeatheredfriend said...

NEVER apologize to a Beaver fan, Steve. They are hyper-sensitive right now. "Haughty" is a word most Beavers don't know how to spell, much less define. We Duckies have been politely restrained because the thrashing of the Beevs speaks for itself. I have to admit I was laughing hysterically when Bair picked up that last funble...we jumped, screamed, hugged and scared the beegeebees out of my 2 1/2 year old twin grandbabies. "Hotty" we were...oh the ecstasy of that day!