Thursday, March 19, 2009

LIVE FROM THE ROSE GARDEN by Tannen

This is my first Big Dance as a member of the media. I was instantly struck by the magnitude. I guess when CBS is spending a billion dollars you get that. Game one is Purdue versus Northern Iowa and I'm shocked at the speed of the Boilers, particularly on defense. The Panthers are really struggling just to get a clean look, with PU challenging every shot. Purdue is up a dozen at the half despite their top gun, Robbie Hummel scoring just 2 points. Considering we have a pair of teams from the middle of the country, the turnout for a late morning tip off is terrific. Then again, it's been more than a quarter century since the Tournament has been in Oregon.
NIU best spring from the locker room with a plan to do more than spread the floor and work for shots. I'm thinking they will benefit from perhaps trying to beat PU downcourt before coach Matt Painter can set his defense. Catch up in a bit

No comments: