Monday, March 9, 2009

T.O MUCH & FOCUSED HATRED by Tannen

So last week I decided I wasn't buying into the nonsense that Terrel Owens was going to another high profile team. My main question surrounded the search for a solid team who was a big caliber wide out weapon away from the Super Bowl or at least a shot. I scoffed at the notion of the Patriots or Giants. So he lands in Buffalo a team who failed to win one division game last year and trust me, the Jets & Dolphins weren't that tough. The Bills wreaked of mediocrity last season on both sides of the ball, home & away and have a ton of holes. Add in T.O with a burner on one side like Lee Evans, a headcase but talented running back in Marshaun Lynch plus a young but smart, high upside QB like Trent Edwards and I see the move. They sorely lack a tight end and on defense, I'll give you 11-dollars if off the top of your head you can name a strong playmaker on defense. I would have accepted Kawika Mitchell who left the Giants after their Super Bowl season at outside linebacker. I also like their young safety Donte Whitner now entering his 4th year from Ohio State. Gotta say, even though I detest Owens, this was a pretty good move and let's face it, we're now talking about the Buffalo Bills. They haven't been relevant since the last Super Sunday disaster 15 years ago.
I gotta admit something painful. Was kind of happy to see Washington win the Pac 10 regular season title in men's hoops. I'm a big time admirer of Lorenzo Romar. He's an excellent coach and the few times I've been in his presence for interviews after games, a total class act. Here's my question. Is it me, or does a true hatred for a school sometimes focus on a particular sport. I detest Notre Dame football, but have nothing against their basketball team. I enjoy watching the Ducks beat the Huskies on the grid iron as much as anything in all of sports, but don't feel the same sentiment on the hardwood. Just what in the world of Steve Emtman is going on here?

No comments: