Thursday, February 5, 2009

THE UPSIDE OF SPITE by Tannen

I find myself cheering for the misery of people I dislike or don't respect. Not sure if it's purely a character issue, the economy or what. I read about more damning evidence against Bonds and it puts a smile on my face. Dick Cheney hurt his back moving boxes(likely containing secrets) and I'm doubled over laughing. The Cowboys might cut T.O? Can I please, please, please be in the room? A knucklehead trainer keeps old syringes with Roger Clemens DNA and I can't stop laughing.
Much of it is gut, but I'm beaming over some positives as well. Love the Oregon 2009 recruiting class. Rather than look good early and disappoint, it appears they finished like Affirmed and landed a ton of high level talent in critical areas. Like what Nick Satan has done at Alabama, they're loading up in the trenches. As the game and season move along, if you have depth on both lines, you will dominate. Both this season and last, the New York Giants started the same 5 on the offensive line and it led to a Super Bowl championship and the #1 seed in their conference. Not a coincidence.
Do you get the feeling the Duck men are gonna get one tonight or Saturday against Arizona? I'm thinking the Cats could fall at the Pit. Again, gotta trust the gut on occasion.
How about the defensive effort this week by my beloved Knickerbockers. Kobe hangs 61 on them followed by a triple double courtesy of Lebron that included 52 points. Willis Reed where for art thou?

No comments: