Friday, February 19, 2010

BRAND NEW LIGHT by ST

You always hear that parents believe each of their children has a special gift. It might not be true in all cases, but it was in mine. It just took until I was in my early 30's to realize what it was. You can contact my wife Kathy for verification, but for now, you'll have to take my word for it. I have this ridiculous ability to judge a person's character within a few minutes depending on the circumstances and conversation. When I see TV shows about reading a witness or possible perpetrator involving body language, darting of the eyes or other "tells", it makes a connection. For years I never bothered to attempt this on Tiger Woods because his game threw me off and I had no reason to care or wonder about what kind of guy he is. Since his Thanksgiving night car crash and the ensuing circus and revelation he's a selfish, cheating pig, I now see him in a brand new light. Today's laughable press conference hit me. I barely heard any of the words coming out of his mouth. I just watched his face, expression and demeanor. He's a douche! Simple as that. He's a robot. I don't buy one single aspect of anything he has to offer. I admit to being completely duped by him. I see clowns like Rasheed Wallace, lots of politicians, actors or actresses and they all have this look on their face like we should be honored by their presence. They just wreak of insincerity. Woods is that to a tee(pun intended). From this point forward, watch his facial expression when he speaks. You're seeing a manipulative, dishonest, self righteous p***k! End of story. Like Pete Rose, Alex Rodriguez, Jimmy Swaggart and all the other high profile slime bags, Woods is sorry for one reason and only one reason. He got caught. Anyone who believes anything else is a complete and total moron! If his wife takes him back and buys into this sex addiction crap, she's a mindless bimbo and deserves all the misery that will come her way in the future. When Woods hugged his mom at the end of this staged puppet show I almost threw up.
Drop me a line at stevetannen@live.com about this. I have some Oregon/Cal tickets for tomorrow afternoon at the Pit. Offer up your opinion on Tiger. Care? Don't care? Buy his apology? Get in on the drawing. I'll keep you posted during today's show. We'll also get into last night's disaster against Stanford. Hate to be the bearer of more negativity, but this team pretty much iced a 2nd consecutive last place finish in the Pac 10.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

From 2006 until 2008, I worked with Pete Rose in Las Vegas. He is an arrogant, cocky man, but still very honest and straight forward. I have more dirt then possible on the man, but he was still one of the most respected athletes for what he did on the field. He is in it for the money just like anybody else, and I am tired of athletes being ridiculed while my cheating neighbor down the street is just another person. These athletes who "screw" up are just a reflection of society as a whole. They chose to be in the spotlight, so they are going to be beaten up. Many of the same reporters who dog on these athletes have done many of the same wrong things in their life.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Steve Tannen said...

Any reporter or media member who is screwing around on his wife and kids or being unscrupulous in other aspects of their lives then hammering athletes for questionable behavior are even bigger d-bags than the jocks. I have no fear of being exposed as a hypocrite or I'd go much easier.

Kyle said...

"You can contact my wife Kathy for verification, but for now, you'll have to take my word for it. I have this ridiculous ability to judge a person's character within a few minutes depending on the circumstances and conversation."

Sorry bro, you're full of egotistical crap!

You continue to throw Tony Dungy (and his character) under the bus. Dungy is one of the most revered and admired men in all of sports.

Your utter disgraceful misfire on Dungy's character, removes any and all credibility you arrogantly give yourself in analyzing the hearts of others.

Go back to the drawing board Steve, and take a better and more honest look inwardly, and you'll find you're judging others not based on reality, but on your own impure biases.

It's a disturbing pattern of yours to be hyper-quick to demean and distort the character of those that are Christian, like Dungy.

It's not Vick, why you hate Dungy so much, it's is faith that bothers you (and that's a sad commentary on your character or there lack of).

It's the height of irony, that a douche like yourself, would have the arrogant gall to throw man of integrity, like Dungy under the bus. You wouldn't know integrity if it wiped your ass.

Dungy is to Vick, what Cumulus is to Steve Tannen. But you don't get it, you arrogant punk, you think you're the only human on the face of the earth deserving of a second chance --- what a joke you are!

I agree, your ability to judge other's character, is indeed ridiculous --- ridiculously intolerant of anything and everything Christian --- what a disgrace, you pin-headed douche

Anonymous said...

speaking of bad calls I hope the gearhead that called his shot for Elliott Sadler calls in with humble pie.. LMAO.