Wednesday, February 24, 2010

IGNORANCE & OTHER ASSORTED LOVE SONGS by ST

I must respond to a pretty nasty note I got a few days back in the 'comment' section of this blog. Actually it had nothing to do with what I wrote, but something I'd said on the air. A caller saw Tony Dungy at the Winter Olympics wearing Oregon gear. FYI, his son has signed a letter of intent to play football here. I said I'm not a huge Dungy fan for his involvement with a total useless piece of garbage like Michael Vick. The comment said I'm against Dungy because I'm anti-Christian. Really? So if his name was Tony Goldstein and he was a practicing Jew, or Mohammed Dungy and a Muslim or Ashok Dungy who was a Hindu, I'd be okay with his Vick involvement? What a moronic stance. Get a clue Kyle!
I read today that John Daly was offering advice on how Tiger Woods might have better handled his whole scandal. I'm allowing a moment for everyone to get off the floor because personally, I fell out of my chair laughing. How to even draw a parallel. Getting child rearing advice from Roman Polanski? Temper control via Rasheed Wallace? How to be a better teammate by Terrell Owens? It's a cliche, but opinions are really like A-holes, everyone has one. J.D. needs to go back to his trailer park and try to keep his own pathetic life from unravelling this week.
I was happy to read Derek Jeter has no interest in becoming a free agent once his 10 year, 189 million dollar deal expires after this season. He leaves the Yankees and I'll need more therapy than Woody Allen. Live from the O'Bar today on The Commons near Autzen Stadium. Gonna be fun. Lot of give-a-ways. Look forward to seeing you down there.

4 comments:

Kyle said...

If this had been an isolated incident, I certainly wouldn't have taken the time to offer up what would then rightfully be labeled a “moronic” comment.

Unfortunately, I do have a “clue” and thus am very capable of spotting what has become a disturbing TREND on your SPORTS talk show --- your quick-triggered disparaging remarks towards Christian athletes, Christian coaches and just Christians in general.

Dungy’s character (and other Christians) has been the Bulls Eye of your targeted hate, on more than just the one “harmless” instance/explanation you chose to offer up.

You don’t give long-winded shot-gunned diatribes, but acid-tongued target shots -- which over time have amounted to a very tattered Christian target (*NOT* a Muslim, Jew or Hindu one).

It’s not the anti-Christian sentiments you enthusiastically embrace that bother me most (that‘s your right), but it’s that you lack the discipline and tongue-control to keep such hate off the public airwaves for a mere three hours a day --- and what’s sad is that you can’t chalk such ignorant indiscretion up to just being young.

Like a skilled gymnast, you can twist, manipulate and distort your position to best justify what’s publicly palatable to your SPONSORS, but your words/character (OVER TIME) speak to a routine that should judged expediently and critically.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if Kyle was the guy who called on Wednesday who went nuts on 'what is a performance enhancing drug' and went off about Christian Science, then quickly retracted. Probably.

To Kyle, ever look in the mirror and consider maybe you're hearing what you want to hear just as much as you believe you think he's saying what he's saying?

Your comments are in the minority, if you truly believe he's speaking a certain way against Christians. He responded to your accusations and denied them, now it's on YOU. Don't listen to the show, don't read his column if you can't either accept his response or believe it.

Practice what you preach. The fact you continue to lay in wait for an opportunity to go off with your magical paragraphs with big words leads me to believe you're more interested in stirring the pot.

Good day to you sir and remember the true meaning of being a good Christian. Right now, you're way off kilter.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

Kyle said...

I'm "preaching" anti-anti-Christian, and what I’ve written (“practice”) has indeed been consistent with this.

I’m not interested in stirring the pot, nor do I feel the need gauge public opinion, to ascertain whether my words will be welcomed by a super-majority or scarce-minority -- if that’s the MO you choose, you lack courage, substance and “kilter“ (but you’ll be liked … neat for you).

I’ve listened (closely) to Steve for long enough, to bet my last dollar (and donut) that he’s most definitely anti-Christian --- the tongue betrays what lays within.

If Steve wants to “practice” anti-Christianity at home or with his friends, great, but when he starts “preaching” it over public airwaves, it’s my “practice” to “preach” out against such hate.