Tuesday, March 2, 2010

BASEBALL IS HERE AND COMING by ST

I find a few things about sports really hopefull. A brand new, untouched, March Madness bracket. I also love the home opener for baseball, regardless of the level. The whole thing about springing eternal. Ducks & Huskies today to christen the now completed PK Park. It ties in with the Grapefruit & Cactus leagues getting rolling as opening day for MLB approaches. Today on the show we will pick and choose a few teams and see what will make this year different, better, or worse based on what took place during the off season.
First, a bit of clarification. I have in fact changed my opinion on what MIGHT happen with Ernie Kent. I've never changed my opinion that I think he should be coaching when the new Knight Arena opens. I also think that from week to week his status alters in the minds of those who will make the final decision. Thought I made that clear. Obviously not. My bad. If the team rolled over on him and got punished in So-Cal then got torched at home this Thursday & Saturday it would have sent a horrible message. I honestly believe it's that delicate & touch and go.
Last week we had some fun with the news that John Daly was offering up advice to Tiger about getting his life back in order. Today we got a view of JD's track record with the PGA Tour and the story gets absolutely hysterical. He's been cited nearly a dozen times for "conduct unbecoming a professional". Six times on probation. On 7 seperate occasions he's been ordered into rehab or counseling for alcohol. Throw in 21 times being reprimanded for not giving his best effort. Yup, I'd definitely want this guy guiding me back from the disgraced. He's clearly the man for the job. I'd also like to see Nate Kaeding do a lecture tour on clutch field goal kicking.
If you want to see today's home opener versus Washington, drop me a line at
stevetannen@live.com
I'll have a drawing & hook a few of you up with tickets at will call. We'll announced & e-mail the winners late in the 3 o'clock hour. Good Luck

No comments: