Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BYE BYE 18 by ST

Still trying to wrap my head around the Colts dumping Peyton Manning. Not that often a lock hall of famer who appears in "those" discussions is dismissed from the one team he's identified with. I'm pretty sure if I'm in the shoes of Indy owner Irsay I'm making the same move, but I'm also far from cocky it's the right move. I love the potential of Andrew Luck to enter the pros and be a prime time player, but it's not etched in stone. Also impossible to argue that if Manning is healthy, you just lost a hell of a quarterback. All around it's just a very unique and rare situation that the face of a franchise if not an organization as massive as the NFL is dismissed with so many questions surrounding the issue. Imagine the outcry if Luck can't play and Peyton guides the Jets, Dolphins or Cardinals to a Super Bowl or two?? Remember those infamous moving vans relocating the Colts from Baltimore to Indy in the middle of the night in the winter of 1984? Fast forward to the dead of night, January 2014, the Irsay mansion. Jim and the family sneaking out of town for the Bahamas ahead of the pitchforks and torches.
Someone asked me if I'd like Manning to go to the Jets. Though it didn't work well with Farve because he got hurt and could barely throw the ball late in the season, I think it's a no brainer. If the consensus among doctors is Peyton is 100% healed, how do you NOT want him as your QB? I do not think Sanchez is the answer and with their mediocrity they don't have an answer at their spot in the draft.

No comments: