Thursday, October 20, 2011

Various Thoughts, by Casey Mitchell

I always love this time of the year when we got NFL, College Football, and the MLB Playoffs really heating up. To be honest, I could really care less about this whole NBA lockout dilemma considering no one plays defense until April. Earlier tonight, Texas tied up the series at 1-1 in a comeback win in the ninth inning. Coming into the series, most people thought this would be a series full of offense and excitement, but so far it's been a good ol' fashion National League contest. I think St. Louis is still riding on there adrenaline from coming back from 10.5 back in August. Texas is still looking for their first Championship in history, but I don't think they will be getting it this year. Who would have thought that the premiere match up in week 6 of the NFL would have been the Lions and the 49ers? Well, I have been waiting for a long time to see my Niners not only be competitive, but in my opinion, one of the best teams in the league. Even though it was over shadowed by the controversial handshake between Schwartz and Harbaugh, it was actually a really good, hard fought game. Quarterback issues also shared the headlines this week in the NFL. Christian Ponder replaced Donovan McNabb, the Raiders traded some killer draft picks for Carson Palmer, and John Beck is now the Redskins starting QB. The one quarterback story I am the most excited to see is the Tebow in Denver saga. I am one of the people who thinks Tebow is a great player, and this week he will be playing in Miami where he won both a State title and a National Championship in his career. Say what you want about the guy, but one thing you can't argue is that he know how to win.

No comments: