Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bye Week, by Casey Mitchell

After the convincing win over the Wildcats in the Ducks first ever Pac-12 game, Oregon fans can just sit back and enjoy the bye week. I thought last week was a great conference opener from LMJ breaking the Duck single game rushing record to our defense stepping up in the clutch. There isn't many things that make me happier than seeing Mike Stoops on the hot seat this early in the season. It made me realize how lucky we are to have a coach like Chip when I see Stoops on the sideline constantly crying and yelling on every play. If he doesn't get a win today against USC, he may need to get his resume' ready.... Sitting at #9 in the AP Top 25, the Ducks have a good chance of leaping two spots to #7 without even playing. The games that could decide where we will end up is the match up between the 7th ranked Wisconsin Badgers and the 8th ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers. I take the Huskers in that game by at least 10 points. Another big game to watch is the Florida / Alabama game. The two teams have combined for 3 National Titles in the past 5 years. I think the Crimson Tide will trip up this year, but it won't be this week. I'm taking Bama by 17.

Now that the playoffs have started, I'm sure that everyone has forgotten about Boston's historic collapse... NOT! Even if the Sox would have survived and made the playoffs, I'm not so sure they would have gotten past the first round. There pitching in September was just plain horrendous. I mean, they had two quality starts in the whole month! Now that it's over, Terry Francona has officially been fired as the Bosox Manager. Even if he didn't deserve to be fired, somebody had to pay for this one.

No comments: