Monday, May 3, 2010

THE "I LOVE SPORTS" WEEKEND by ST

I'm happy I didn't drop down the 50-60 bucks for Mosely/Mayweather. I read where Sugar Shane nearly dropped the favorite in the 2nd round but it was a route from that point forward. Every judge had Floyd winning rounds 3 through 12. The Kentucky Derby nearly padded my retirement account, but I paired the top 2(Super Saver & Ice Box) with the wrong 4 or 5 others and did not include Paddy O'Prado so I tanked. Fun race, I really love that jock, Calvin Borel, nickhamed Bo-Rail because of his penchant for staying inside to win big races.
Oregon baseball has officially become an amazing story. After Tyler Anderson's outing and tough loss Friday, the guys showed their resolve by taking the final 2 lead by more dazzling pitching to win the series versus Washington State. This team started Pac 10 play by dropping 2 of 3 to the Arizona schools. Then, 2 & 6 in conference. Since? Taken 2 of 3 in all four league sets along with the 2 game sweep at Gonzaga and the demolition of Oregon State. It adds up to a nice 11 & 4 roll and they've hit the 30 win mark. Obviously George Horton is the greatest hire in the history of organized sports. He's not?
Here's my take on the Oregon Spring game. Well done by the university and the community. Record crowd, honoring those serving in the military and accumulating a bunch of food for the needy in our area. Football wise? No one got hurt. It's all I care about this time of year.
We haven't even touched on the NBA or NHL playoffs or major league baseball. What a great weekend. Hey! Country music fans? You want in on a shot at tickets for Toby Keith at the Sleep Country Ampitheater about 20 minutes north of Portland. The show includes Trace Adkins and James Otto and will roll on Friday, July 23rd.
E-mail the correct answer to the following to get into our drawing.
stevetannen@live.com
In 2005 Keith began his own record label. Name it!

No comments: