Wednesday, August 11, 2010

DOUBLE EDGED SWORD by ST

Lot of talk in the world of college football these days about who can or can't attend practice. Urban Meyer of Florida used the word "scumbags" in referring to the shady characters who linger around the scene. Some coaches have taken to banning NFL scouts. I get the "keep out the agents" mentality, but don't a bunch of kids attend these high level programs to grab the attention of the pro's? Sometimes that tendency to throw out the baby with the bath water or shut the barn door after the horses get out leads to non-logical decisions.
I did a radio spot on Boise radio today and was asked who I'd like to see at QB for the Ducks. Gotta admit, I had a moment of being speechless and to completely weenie out I basically sung the praises of what both Thomas & Costa bring to the table. I think I weaseled my way through the question pretty well. I really have no preference. My feeling is whoever wins the gig must be a heck of a player because Chip Kelly has gotten tremendous production from the UO quarterback all 3 seasons.
Time to give away some free stuff. How about a $56 dollar gift certificate to Pizza Pipeline. That will go a long way to your 1st football party of the season. E-mail me the correct answer or text it to 653 3098. Name the last Oregon quarterback to throw for over 300 yards in a bowl game. Good luck!

No comments: