Monday, October 4, 2010

GO CRAZY FOLKS, GO CRAZY! by ST

The title of this blog was the legendary call of Jack Buck after Ozzie Smith hit a walk off tater to win game 5 of the 1985 National League Championship Series for the Cardinals. I'm bringing it back a quarter century later because it's time for Oregon fans to go bonkers. I'll insist to the end that when the sun sets on the 2010 regular season Stanford will be viewed as one of the top 10 or 12 teams in the country. From my chair, this was the signature victory of the year so far in college football. I don't think Florida is elite and neither is Miami. I cite those programs because they're the best wins for #1 Alabama and #2 Ohio State respectively. From the post game show through regular interaction via e-mail, texting and face to face I hear some concern about the Oregon Defense. I truly believe they operate under a different rating system because of the high octane, break neck tempo of the offense. What you're seeing in the 1st half is pretty much the setting of the deck for the 2nd half hands. Zoom, zoom, zoom, try to keep up for 60 minutes. So far no one has come even close. Remember, it was Arizona State who wilted and faked injuries at their place. By the middle of the 4th quarter the Cardinal were toast. The Duck depth and tempo represent a gauntlet of challenge no opposition has handled yet. I know road blocks exist in this conference, but for now, I don't see anyone capable of beating Oregon straight up. Turnovers, errors, a team playing over it's head, sure! But all things being equal, the Ducks are far and away the class of the Pac 10.
On today's show, LMJ in the Heisman race. The insanity of the LSU win, the USC loss, MLB playoffs and what went down in the NFL. Gonna be a fun one.

No comments: