Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ODD CONCEPT by ST

30 years ago tonight I was watching Monday Night Football with the legendary crew of Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith. Patriots & Dolphins, big AFC East battle. My 15 year old sister was supposedly asleep in her room, but she frequently kept her radio on. She came in, bleary eyed and said she thought she heard that John Lennon had been shot. What? It made no sense. Political figures or world leaders were assasinated, not rock stars. Then Howard Cosell stopped the action on ABC to verify the horrifying news. I still haven't wrapped my brain around it. Why this vermin we learned was Mark David Chapman would develop this violent obsession with the ultimate man of peace. What the hell kind of society breeds this kind of dirt? I'd say I'm just as angry on 12-8-2010 as I was on 12-8-1980. R.I.P John Winston Lennon.

No comments: