Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE! by ST

The lead story as we speak on ESPN is about the NFL negotiation's nearly blowing up. I find this unaccpetable. They do understand that the NBA playoffs are over, the NHL post season ends tonight and we need this stuff right?? Seriously, if I were Bill Gates I would find out how far apart the two sides are monetarily and provide the difference. Then I could move forward, follow the free agent market, draft pick signings and finally see an actual depth chart. I really hate the owners. I'm not in love with the players. Please settle!
I was reading that Cale Yarborough was just elected to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. How the hell was he not already in? I'm not a big stock car fan but jeez louise, even the most casual American sports fan from that generation knew this guy was big time. Won 3 consecutive driving titles, 4 Daytona 500's and his 83 victories are 6th all time. Sounds like Hall credentials and his induction is very long overdue.
I know in this very blog I've expressed my dislike for the Vancouver Canucks because of their cheap shot, classless display during these NHL Finals. It pained me to root for a Boston team. Then I was listening to the radio this morning and heard about this "Titletown" theory and capturing all 4 in pro sports. You have the Patriots in 2001, 03 & 04, Red Sox in 04 & 07, and the NBA champion Celtics of 2008. Can't have the quartet completed. I've completely reversed course and climbed aboard the Canuck bandwagon. I tried. Didn't work.

No comments: