Friday, June 24, 2011

MORE EVENTFUL THAN PREVIEWED by ST

Gotta admit, watching the NBA draft after Derrick Williams went #2 was more entertaining than I figured. Found myself locked in awaiting to see who my Knicks and the Blazers would take. NY got the kid from Ga Tech Iman Shumpert who played 3 years and brings a much needed physical attitude to their back court. Plus he can score. They also added Josh Harrellson from Kentucky. He's a big who can bang. They have skill and the ability to pile up points with Melo and Stoudamire but lacked size and rebounding. They're better.
I'd be pleased as a Blazer fan. The trade to get Ray Felton is a beautiful thing. I was ticked to beat the band when the Knicks traded him in the Carmelo Anthony deal. Portland fans are gonna love this kid. We saw how limited Rudy Fernandez was in the playoffs and what a total waste he is defensively. I liked Andre Miller, but Felton provides quality beyond a year or two. If you'd been listening to the shows recently, and Wednesday in particular, I said if Duke's Nolan Smith was there they should pluck him. You gotta love his pedigree playing for Coach K, plus he can stick the 3, is unselfish and plays defense. The point guard spot was a question and now I see it as a strength.
Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: